For this reason, the opportunity arises to generate in the different clients, the bases to start an analytical stage from the management of people to generate results in the business. The data are applied to the analysis of:
1. Organizational Structure: This database concentrates information on employees, positions, sectors, lows, highs.
2. Compensation: This database concentrates salary information, mainly salaries, categories and seniority of employees
3. Absenteeism: Here is concentrated information on days worked, not worked and reasons for absences
4. Level of competences: This last base is fed by the analysis of real and expected competences of the people and positions of the company.
This information is essential to generate the outputs necessary for action plans and business decision making. On the other hand, it is also important to add indicators or KPIs where we can relate the management of people with the business.
Therefore, some important indicators are proposed to start:
1. Turnover per employee: it is the relationship between the total turnover of the company and the average annual number of employees
2. Operating costs per employee: is the ratio between the total annual operating costs of the company and the average annual number of employees.
3. Personnel expenses over total operating costs: is the ratio of annual personnel expenses to annual operating costs
4. Total cost of the HR area per capita: is the ratio between the total annual operating costs of the HR area and the average annual number of employees of the company. This indicator expresses how many dollars are allocated to the operation of the HR area.
5. Remuneration on billing: it is the relationship between the annual amount of remuneration accrued and the total annual turnover of the company.
The indicators or KPIs mentioned are by way of example. The list of them can be expanded or modified according to the needs of the business. Remember that you have to measure what is managed to control it and generate value from that measurement.